Totally Unexpected !! (by Pam)

The spacer for Toby's bottom teeth broke.
And after my last experience with Toby at the dentist Dan and I agree that Toby does much better at the dentist with him.
So Dan moved his day off to yesterday so he could take Toby in.
In addition...
Recently Toby came home from school and told me his teacher said to have his eyes checked.
I have horrible vision and wasn't terribly surprised.
So Dan agreed to make a morning of it, and head to the eye doctor after the dentist.

The Results:
Teeth were an easy fix, no shots necessary, Toby has ZERO new cavities.
(Never happened before with his teeth!)
They are making the new spacer to just plop into place on Monday.
(I guess Toby does have few teeth left to get cavities in.)

Then on to the eye doctor:
Toby has near perfect vision! (I'm shocked)
BUT
He is Red/Green Color blind! (So is Dan)

AND
After having his eyes checked as well,
DAN had to order his first pair of glasses!

Comments

Cindy Smith said…
Wow, didn't know Dan was colorblind too, at least Toby will have someone to sympathize with. Sometimes I wonder about Ella, she always calls red green or green red, but I know it is rare in girls. She is fine with all the other colors though.
I like Dan's glasses! And I also like the fact that they're GREEN! LOL! Well can't wait to see you guys today!
Debbie Hadley said…
Very interesting that Dan & Toby are both color blind. I'm still curious to know if red and green white board markers are hard for him to see.
That picture is so yesterday. And no, white board markers are not hard to see.

-Dan
He may not know what color they are writing in, but in contrast against the white I guess it's not hard to read.
:-)
Pam