Interview with a 5 year old (by Pam)


Sadie Graduated from Pre-School!
Then turned 5 a Week later on May 20th!

I decided it would be fun to interview her, and jot down her 5 year old responses.
She was NOT in the mood, so it made it a little harder, but here is what we got.

Pam: What is the best part about being 5 now?
Sadie: "I'm not telling.....I like to be 5"
Pam: Why?
Sadie: "Just cause I like to be 5."
Pam: What was your favorite part of your birthday?
Sadie: "When we had cake, it was the best birthday ever! And that's what I wished for, and that's what I got! My wish came true Mommy!!!!"
Pam: What was the most fun thing you did while you were 4?
Sadie: "When I was turning 4... and I liked pre-school too."
Pam: What is your favorite food?
Sadie: "CANDY!!"
Pam: Okay, what is your favorite thing to eat for dinner?
Sadie: "Spaghetti is my most favorite ever."
Pam: What is the yuckiest food in the world?
Sadie: "Tomatoes! They are sooo gross, anything that I don't like to eat is (gagging noise)"
Pam: What is your favorite color?
Sadie: /rolls eyes "You know what it is...... Still PINK! and red"
Pam: Describe yourself
Sadie: "I have brown hair, and blue eyes and red lips, and white skin"
Pam: What do you like to do?
Sadie: "Play with my tea set, but my favorite thing is to be crazy."
Pam: Do you have a favorite person?
Sadie: YOU Mommy!.... and Daddy.
Pam: Describe Daddy
Sadie: "See for yourself, cause I don't know what he looks like... one green eye and one blue eye and that's all I know....and tan skin and red lips."
Pam: And what is Daddy like?
Sadie: "He's Crazy, cause... he's Crazy, he talks funny to be crazy.... and he can run really fast!"
Pam: What is Toby like?
Sadie: "He's nice, he goes to school, and he plays"
Pam: What is mommy like?
Sadie: "She's nice"
Pam: Are you excited for a new sister?
Sadie: "YEAH!, Her name is gonna be Bella, and if you call her something else, I'm callin' her BELLA!
Pam: What is she going to look like?
Sadie: "All we know is that she has blonde hair, but we don't really know that for sure, I want her to look like me, and I want her to sound like me, I want her to be 5 years old, ...but first I want her to be zero."
Pam: What are you going to do with her?
Sadie: "Snuggle"
Sadie: "MOM, you forgot to ask me if I have a favorite Grandma!"
Pam: Oh, sorry, who is your favorite Grandma?
Sadie: "Grandma Howard!!!!" And Grandma Jensen, and Oma, cause we can't forget Oma.
Pam: Do you have a favorite cousin?
Sadie: "Sidney!, she's nice."
Pam: Do you have a favorite Uncle?
Sadie: "NO!"
Pam: Do you have a favorite Aunt?
Sadie: "ummmmm, no"
Sadie: "Mom, ask my favorite Dad!"
Pam: Humm, okay who is your favorite Dad?
Sadie: "Jesus!....and Dan and Josh.... I have 3 favorite Dads"
Pam: What does Dad teach you?
Sadie: "He teaches that, how to be nice"
Pam: And what does Daddy Josh teach you?
Sadie: "Chores"
Pam: What does Mom teach you?
Sadie: "She teaches how to mind"
Pam: Who is the cutest boy in the neighborhood?
Sadie: "MOM, Don't you dare!!!!, That will embarrass me!!!!"
Pam: What else should we tell people about Sadie?
Sadie: "That I can't wait to turn 8, cause I'm gonna be baptized, and I hope it's in the Spring.
Pam: What do you wanna be when you grow up?
Sadie: "A Mom, and that's ALL I'm saying"
Sadie: (on her way out) "And there is one more thing, I LOVE my birthdays, because I get bigger every birthday and older, and I grow every day, and that's ALL K, I'm not doing this anymore.

Comments

Debbie Hadley said…
What a good idea to ask questions and write down her responses. She cracks me up! We love our Sadie!
I knew it was your birthday - I knew it I knew it I knew it.....and I BLEW IT!!! I LOVE you Sadie - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You are such a CUTIE!.....And just in case you forgot......The answer is Bubba!!!! Bubba is your FAVORITE aunt....>REMEMBER?!! Love ya sades!!!!
Leslie said…
That's more words than I think I've ever heard her say in her life. Love to see how she's just blossoming! Happy Birthday Sadie!
Female said…
So cute, she is growing up so fast! That is a good idea, I might have to borrow that one.
-Cindy
I loved it...I'm stealing your idea and interviewing my 5 year old and even my 14 & 13 year olds. Your are the best mom ever.
Melissa said…
"All we know is she is going to have blonde hair." Priceless!